- 1 cup black beans , drained and rinsed
- 1/2 bell pepper , finely diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves , chopped
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheese, such as cheddar or pepper jack
- 2 frozen 9-inch square puff pastry sheets
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Remove the puff pastry sheets from the freezer and allow to thaw while preparing the black bean mixture.
- In a large bowl, combine the black beans, diced bell pepper, chili powder, chopped cilantro leaves, and shredded cheese. Mix well.
- On a large clean surface, unfold the thawed puff pastry. Cut each 9-inch puff pastry square into quarters to make a total of 8 puff pastry squares about 4 ½ inch each.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of the bean mixture in the center of each puff pastry square (do not over-stuff!).
- Fold each square in half to make a triangle and pinch the sides together taking care to not get any bean mixture onto the edges of the triangles. Use a fork to press down on the edges and seal the puff pastry triangles.
- Gently place the puff pastry triangles onto the greased baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes at 400F, or until the puff pastry triangles are golden brown and flaky on top. Remove from heat and allow to cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm with your favorite dip, such as salsa, guacamole, or sour cream.